Friday, June 20, 2014

12 & 13 weeks


How far along? 13 weeks
Weight? 140
Maternity clothes? No
Stretch marks? No… but I had a dream about them!
Belly button in or out? In, but wide enough to get sunburned INSIDE it this week. So weird.
Exercise? YOGA = core strength! I love that I’m back in a consistent(ish) practice that fulfills me.
Symptoms? Remember those college nights where you’d pregame with boxed wine, then drank the mystery punch out of a huge trash can, chug cheap beer during flip cup and end the night with a Taco Bell run and a bucket next to the bed? I feel THAT hungover, every day. I’m ridiculously nauseous in the morning, unable to get ready without laying back down to stop the spins. (Fortunately, like in college, a bagel or two will usually help me feel better). I also usually get a wicked headache in the evening, possibly from dehydration. I’ve already noticed back pain, itchy belly  and round ligament pain so I’m terrified excited about how I’ll feel when baby really starts getting cozy.
Sleep? Still tired enough in the afternoon to really want a nap.
Movement? Nothing I can feel yet
Cravings? Apple juice, unsweetened iced tea, bagels with cream cheese and raspberry jelly
Aversions? I’m still struggling with the fact that nothing really sounds good except carbs…loads and loads of carbs. It’s likely that I’ll give birth to a chocolate frosted donut with sprinkles named Jimmie. 
Mood? Complicated schedules have prevented Brian and I from spending much, or really any time together lately so that led to an emotional overflow. Also, the first wave of “holy shit, I’m going to be responsible for someone other than myself” is sinking in. Those of you that know me know that I can barely keep up with my own basic needs, so this is a scary concept.
Miss anything?  Not really
Best moment this week? Hearing baby’s heartbeat on Thursday was a great moment that I wish could have lasted longer. Also, baby’s Facebook debut on Father’s Day! This baby is loved by so many and mama and daddy are so grateful to have a village supporting us in this adventure.
Looking forward to? Getting bigger! I know it sounds crazy but now that I have a donut pooch, I’m so ready for it to blossom into a full-blown baby belly.

I donut think I said bagel enough in this post so I leave you with this joke:
         Why do seagulls live by the sea?
         Because if they lived by the bay, they’d be called baygulls!

You laughed.  Don't lie. 

2 comments:

  1. I loved the baygull joke but that may not be the best judgment on how funny it was ;) I am enjoying this blog very much and counting the days until I meet Baby Wissman. I was touching hands with Annie at yoga on Wednesday (I love it too!) and got a real "It's a boy" jolt. Weird, huh?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, I am so happy you are writing this blog! I journaled during my pregnancy and found it to be an extremely necessary and healthy part of my experience. I could not be happier for you and will be there every step of the way! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete