Tuesday, June 3, 2014

11 weeks



How far along? 11 weeks
Weight? 138
Maternity clothes? I just bought a few things at Gap. I really need a good pair of jeans, however I am wildly unimpressed with the selection at Motherhood Maternity and my Gap didn’t have any jeans with a full panel. Suggestions?
Stretch marks? No
Belly button in or out? In. It’s a pretty deep innie so I don’t think it’ll pop out, but it’s already changing in appearance.
Exercise? Getting back in the swing of things slowly with 2 yoga classes this week, one restorative and one vinyasa
Symptoms? I’m hoping this is the peak of morning sickness for me! I’m seriously nauseous in the mornings, changing to heartburn at night. I’ve been getting headaches in the evenings as well. I’m feeling the growing pains that come along with an expanding belly. Today I really noticed itchiness, tightness and pain around my belly, sides and lower back. Mama and baby are growing!
Sleep? Inconsistent! Sometimes I sleep a solid 9 hours, sometimes I’m awake from 4-6am, sometimes I sleep all afternoon. Guess it’s nature’s way of introducing me to what’s to come!
Movement? Nothing I can feel yet
Cravings? I’ve been l-o-ving TJ’s vanilla bean Greek yogurt, fresh cut strawberries, granola and TJ’s candied walnuts for breakfast.
Aversions? Again, nothing new
Mood? Good! Thank God for nice weather!
Miss anything? A quality, consistent exercise routine. I mentioned before I was into CrossFit and yoga and have backed off of both during the first trimester. I really want to gain my strength and endurance back because I know how important it is later in pregnancy and for labor and delivery.
Best moment this week? We went to the Big City Moms Biggest Baby Shower this week and it was incredible! I’ll be putting together a haul/recap of the event very soon!
Looking forward to? Going out on the town with girlfriends on Saturday night! I sort of withdrew from the social scene in the beginning of my pregnancy because I was so tired and my mood sucked. Now that I feel better, I’m so excited to get dressed up in something beyond yoga pants for a night of dancing, laughing and food!!

2 comments: