Wednesday, May 21, 2014

official mommy pants status!

Anniepants is making the official transition to Annie {MOMMY} pants!
Baby Dub is expected around December 23, 2014. We're already starting a delivery day betting pool! Christmas? New Year's? 2014 or 2015? It doesn't matter when, we are just so grateful to be welcoming our little snowflake/turtle/angel frog/sweet pea this winter.

To catch you up, Brian and I tied the knot on October 7, 2012. The highlight reel: saying our original vows in front of family and friends, dancing and singing to the most cliche amazing wedding songs ever, and a grilled cheese and tomato soup station (my only must-have).


















We both have always wanted to be parents, as long as we can remember. Our plan was to start sooner than later so I stopped taking birth control right away. Like most major life events, although we thought we had it planned just right, the so-called plan was actually totally out of our control. We spent the last 18 months trying, not trying, waiting for a "surprise" positive test, and getting countless big fat negatives. 

So what did happen over the last 18 months? I graduated college and got a new job, we both worked a holiday season in the retail and restaurant worlds, I practiced several types of yoga, started Crossfit and completed an indoor triathlon, we moved twice...first in with our parents, and then back out on our own, and I learned to play one song on the piano!







Fast forward to the end of March, we took a mini-staycation to get a change of scenery, reconnect and just enjoy each other's company. We did a little April Fool-ing around and 10 days later, I had a *faintly* positive pregnancy test!



I'll be sharing my roller coaster of emotions, crazy symptoms and too much plenty of information in future posts. Stay tuned!! 

3 comments:

  1. i love ittt! can't wait to follow along and keep reading! congrats again & love you much! xo Kait

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read your writing! I can't wait to check in on this blog spot regularly! Be sure to share it with everyone! I LOVE Anniemommypants and Brian and Yertle :)

    ReplyDelete